HOWORTH International provides Interim Management – temporary management resources and expertise for short, medium and long term assignments. As a result of a sudden departure, illness, death, significant change or transition in theorganization, ownership changes, mergers, the organization requires a full time manager at the executive level until a permanent management structure is hired.
HOWORTH International provides experienced Interim managers taking on the title and role for an agreed period of time. Typical Interim management assignments include roles as a CEO, COO, CFO, Controller, President, General Manager, Sales/Business Development Manager, Plant Manager and Division Manager. We can be effective immediately – at your location in the USA or at your international location.
For other Interim Management requirements – CIO, CTO, Human Resources Executive, Product Management, Marketing Management – we work with partners to provide those Interim Management resources.
Situations well suited for Interim Management:
HOWORTH International provides Fractional/Part Time Management. The management needs of an organization vary in terms of growth stage, times of crisis, special projects or other initiatives that are out of the ordinary course of business. Additionally, the leadership and stakeholders of an organization are sometimes not prepared to bring expensive, long term management into the organization for various reasons – financial, not knowing the specific skill set needed, unsure of the performance and capabilities of current management, market performance and many other reasons.
HOWORTH International provides experienced managers for part time engagements (typically 1 to 3 days per week) for a period of time. Typical Fractional/Part Time Management assignments include – COO, CFO, Controller, General Manager, Sales/Business Development Manager VP, Plant Manager and Division Manager – play an important role in the success of an organization. We can be effective immediately – at your location in the USA or at your international location.
For other Fractional/Part Time Management requirements – CIO, CTO, Human Resources Executive, Product Management, Marketing Management – we work with partners to provide those Fractional/Part Time Management resources.
Situations well suited for Fractional/Part Time Management:
HOWORTH International provides Project Management & Advisory Services. Your existing management team may not have the time availability, the technical expertise or the experience for a particular project or they prefer to keep a project separate from the existing team and the day to day operations for purposes of focus and risk management. The NEED: Project Management, Advisory Assignment.
Often the project requires the expertise of several disciplines – legal, marketing, finance, manufacturing, marketing, etc. and we assemble the best technical resources and manage those resources in line with the objectives of the particular project as outlined by our clients.
Situations well suited for Project Management & Advisory Services
> Developing the international strategy for the Company – timing, market selection, distribution channels.
> Researching potential international markets.
> Channel development, distributor/agent selection and vetting.
> Product localization.
> Market entry economics – pricing, taxes.
> Regulatory and agency (government/insurance) registration.
> Taking advantage of the window of opportunity in attractive markets.
HOWORTH International is your American Partner of Choice. In addition to assembling trusted technical advisors with knowledge and experience SPECIFIC to your needs – legal, regulatory, tax, market research, supply chain and distribution – we go a step further. We provide Interim or Fractional/Project “Country Managers” for companies entering the USA market. These Country Managers are experienced general managers dedicated to your company working under your direction for the initial entry period to assist, coordinate and build your business in the United States. They have multinational executive management experience including operations, finance, manufacturing, supply chain, marketing, sales and distribution.
“Local” Employee Resources:
HOWORTH International provides foreign organizations with local infrastructure in the form of local employees, benefits, human resource administration, training and local management. This reduces substantially the cost and risk of setting up the corporate structure required for hiring and maintaining local USA-based employees.
You have an immediate presence in the USA and an individual dedicated to your company’s needs until the time you are ready to add permanent staff. Savings in costs (travel, facility, employee costs), lowering your risk, speeding up the development of your USA presence and the advantage of having someone focus on all of the details of your market entry make this a wise and cost effective choice.
Finding and Evaluating local USA Partners/Distributors
Entering the USA market is often most effective by engaging a local partner or distributor. HOWORTH International will assist you in finding the right partner/distributor and structuring the relationship.
1. Immediate Availability. These resources can be in place within a very short period of time ensuring that the organization does not suffer from lack of leadership in the particular function. There is less “onboarding” or ramp-up time required because the resources are generally well experienced and familiar with stepping in to an interim, fractional or advisory role.
2. Experience. These resources normally fill roles at a senior level in the client organization. They are qualified and experienced with normally a broader range of skills and experience than the roles they take on. They are therefore able to assess problems quickly and bring value from the beginning of the assignment.
3. Objectivity. These resources are focused on the immediate needs and what is best for the client business, unencumbered by company politics or culture. They often bring an objective and fresh approach to the organization without being a threat to the existing management team.
4. Excellent Return on investment. These resources are often more productive because of their experience and mitigate the risk associated with the lack of leadership due to the absence of a particular management position.
5. Accountability. These resources are taking on a specific assignment with a specific objective agreed by the organization’s executive leadership or stakeholders. They expect to be held accountable for results and for being instrumental in an assignment’s successful delivery. They give clients the peace of mind that the resource has ownership of the project.
6. Effectiveness. Usually operating at or near board-level gives interim managers the authority and credibility to effect significant change or transition within a company. Unlike a ‘temp’, they’re not just there to ‘hold the fort’. They actively add value to the client organization as a result of their expertise and approach, even when the work and the decisions to be made are difficult.
7. Commitment. Interim and Fractional managers maintain high professional standards because their future work relies upon referrals and a successful track record. They therefore have a stake in the success of the assignments that they undertake. This contrasts favourably with other ‘temporary workers’ who may also be seeking ‘permanent employment’ or simply motivated by a day rate or extending their tenure.